How To Clean Your Wave Case
Our smartphones have become an indispensable part of our daily lives, and with them, their constant companion – the phone case. These cases not only protect our valuable devices from scratches and accidental drops but also express our unique style. However, over time, phone cases accumulate dirt, grime, and germs, which can potentially compromise our health and the cleanliness of our precious gadgets. Regularly cleaning your phone case is essential for maintaining both hygiene and aesthetics. In this blog post, we'll guide you through the steps to effectively clean your phone case and keep it germ-free.
Why Cleaning Your Phone Case Matters
Before we delve into the cleaning process, it's essential to understand why regularly cleaning your phone case is crucial:
- Germ Buildup: Our hands touch various surfaces throughout the day, making them a breeding ground for germs. When we handle our phones, these germs transfer to the phone case, potentially leading to the spread of bacteria and viruses.
- Aesthetics: A dirty phone case can quickly become an eyesore, especially if it's a light-colored or transparent case. Cleaning it regularly will keep it looking new and attractive.
- Extended Durability: Proper maintenance and cleaning can prolong the life of your phone case, ensuring it continues to protect your phone effectively.
Our lighter coloured cases are prone to picking up dirt and grime more readily - especially from dyed materials such as denim etc. This is due to the nature of the wheat straw material the cases are made of.
Most of our dark cases - Green, Black & Blue - tend to stay the cleanest (or at least hides dirt and stains the best!) but if you're looking for ways to keep your Wave Case clean here are a few suggestions.
Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning Your Phone Case
Follow these simple steps to keep your phone case clean and your device free from harmful germs:
Step 1: Remove the Phone Case
Take your phone out of its case carefully. Be gentle, so you don't accidentally drop or damage your phone.
Step 2: Basic Cleaning
For most phone cases, a basic cleaning can be done using mild soap and warm water. Dilute a small amount of gentle liquid soap in a bowl of warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the case's finish.
Step 3: Remove Dirt and Stains
Use a soft cloth or a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub away dirt, stains, and grime from the case. Pay extra attention to the corners and crevices where debris tends to accumulate.
Step 4: Rinse Thoroughly
After cleaning, rinse the phone case under running water to remove any soap residue thoroughly. Make sure no soap or cleaning solution remains on the case.
Step 5: Disinfecting
To eliminate germs effectively and help stubborn stains, you can disinfect your phone case using isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or alcohol wipes. Dampen a soft cloth or cotton ball with the alcohol and gently wipe down the entire surface of the case. The alcohol will evaporate quickly, leaving your case germ-free.
Step 6: Drying
Allow the phone case to air dry completely before placing your phone back into it. Ensure there is no moisture left, as it could damage your device.
Step 7: Cleaning Frequency
The frequency of cleaning your phone case will depend on your usage and environment. If you work in a particularly dusty or germ-prone environment or if you frequently take your phone outdoors, consider cleaning the case at least once a week. Otherwise, a bi-weekly or monthly cleaning should suffice.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals, bleach, or abrasive materials, as they can damage the case or cause discoloration.
- Do not soak the cases in water or use boiling water for cleaning as this might cause the cases to lose their shape.
- Do not use any cleaning products or alcohol on our printed cases as it will remove the design.
- Do not wet the inside of our MagSafe cases as this will damage the lining & magnet.
- Regularly wash your hands to reduce the transfer of germs to your phone and its case.
- If your phone case is severely damaged, consider replacing it to ensure proper protection for your device.
By following these simple steps and making phone case cleaning a regular habit, you can keep your phone case looking fresh and your device free from harmful germs. Maintaining a clean and germ-free phone case will not only protect your health but also ensure that your phone remains stylishly encased for a long time to come.
Time to Upgrade?
Did you know when you upgrade your phone you can return your old Wave Case to us for a discount on a new one? When the time is right, these will either be industrially composted with a local partner or even better, recycled into new cases.